Now celebrating its 10th year, Hockey Day Minnesota is hitting the road in 2016 and bringing this year’s annual event to Duluth, and we couldn’t be more excited to say the least. Easily one of the most anticipated events not only of the winter season but the entire year, Hockey Day Minnesota truly is the best way to celebrate our state’s favorite sport while also taking in some of the best local food, music, and various other festivities to help keep onlookers entertained.
Although the weather is expected to be below freezing, lots of fun events and activities are planned for the weekend, from several area high school games to a head-to-head match-up between the local Duluth police and fire departments.
But the day will officially kick off with a parade at 9 a.m. on Saturday (February 6th) right at Bayfront Park’s entrance, which will feature Mayor Emily Larson, Congressman Rick Nolan, and mascots from all the participating schools. Champ, the mascot at UMD will also be on hand, as will Harley, our friend from the Duluth Huskies.
Along with the parade and scheduled hockey games, a Wild Sled Hockey game will also happen on Saturday and there’s even an outdoor party and game watch scheduled for the Wild and St. Louis Blues game later in the evening.
For more information about Hockey Day Minnesota 2016, visit the event website, or just swing on by this Saturday for a full day of food, fun and hockey! Oh, and since you'll be in the area anyway, if you're in the market for a new home or are thinking about moving to the area, why not give one of our local agents a call and squeeze in viewing a few Duluth homes for sale too? Although everybody else will be out having fun, we'll be here to show you anything you want to see or assist you in your home search any way we can!
Hockey Day Minnesota 2016 Events Schedule
- 8:00am - Let the fun begin! Gates officially open at 8 a.m.
- 9:00am - The Hockey Day Minnesota Parade kicks off at the Bayfront Park entrance
- 10:00am - Game 1: Duluth Denfeld vs. Eveleth-Gilbert
- 1:00pm - Game 2: Duluth East vs. Lakeville North
- 4:00pm - Game 3: Wild Sled Hockey
- 5:30pm - Game 4: PeeWee AA: Duluth East vs. Stillwater
- 7:00pm - Game 5: Duluth Police vs. Duluth Firefighters
- 7:00pm - HOCKEY DAY WRAP PARTY: Sponsored by Black Woods, enjoy food, drinks, and watch our very own Minnesota Wild take on the St. Louis Blues on the big screen! (Free Admission)
Tickets to this year's event will be $25 for adults, with an additional $2.22 admin fee per person. Student tickets are also available for $20, with an additional $1.97 admin fee per person.
*Children 2 and under get in free
*No refunds or exchanges on ticket purchases
*In the event that games are moved indoors, outdoor tickets will be refunded